Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Rae's Run Across America

Just wanted to tell you all about one of the coolest things I've ever heard of.  Maybe you already know about it but I just found out.  There's a young woman from Iowa spending her Summer running across the U.S. to raise money for Soles4Soles, a charity that donates shoes to poverty stricken and disaster victims around the world.  Her name is Rae, and she is officially awesome.

She started her journey in April, and I saw a Facebook post today that she was only a day away from Iowa.  This is an amazing undertaking, but even more amazing is that she is running it BAREFOOT!

She has a website that will give you all the info.  There is a Facebook page as well with pictures of her journey and updates.

How can you help Rae?  Donate!  You can help her out directly (a girl's got to eat and ramen noodles aren't going to cut it), you can donate to Soles4Soles, or you could let her stay at your house for a night.  Her website has all the info you need, and here's a link to her nightly stops.  If you are on the route, consider helping her out.  She might need a shower and a little foot rub at the end of the day.

Rae will be hitting my hometown of Denison, Iowa on the 9th of July.  I wish I could be down there to run with her but I can't make it happen, so I'm donating to her cause.  I hope you will help out if you can!

Great work, Rae!  You are an inspiration to be sure.

2 comments:

  1. Thank you! Rae has. Denison connection too! Bill Wright is a close family friend and all direct donations are banked at Crawford County State Bank :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete